Stumbletown & Saskatoon Co-op Cocktail Competition
- One entry per person
- This competition is only open to residents of Saskatoon and surrounding areas who are 19 years of age or older
- Entries must be a minimum 4 oz volume
- To enter, post your cocktail creation on social media and tag @saskatooncoop. Entries should also be submitted by email to email@example.com no later than March 27th, 2023.
- Please include your first and last name and the name of your cocktail, the full recipe including ingredients, measurements, step by step preparation instructions, a short paragraph on why you chose this cocktail and a picture.
- Please see the marking rubric for entries on page 3
- The top 6 competitors will be announced on March 31th, 2023.
- The top 6 competitors are required to feature their cocktail at a restaurant of their choice for a minimum of one (1) week
- The final competition will be held at the Remai Modern on April 25th, 2023
- Drinks must contain no more than 8 ingredients, including fruit juices, syrups, drops or dashes. Solid garnishes are not considered ingredients.
- Premixes of any kind, tobacco and drugs are forbidden
- Drink names that include inappropriate language are prohibited
- Recipes must contain a minimum 1oz of the Paris of the Prairies Gin
- Other spirits may be used as secondary or complimentary ingredients
- Garnishes must be edible but may be mounted on sticks, skewers, straws, forks or other such common bar accessories. Use of edible fruits, herbs, leaves and spices may include sprigs, peels, barks etc.
- By entering this competition, competitors agree to assign copyright of their recipe and drink name to the competition organizers
- Competitors and drinks presented during the competition may be photographed by the organizers and copyright these images for any use, including advertising, will be retained by the competition organizer
- By entering this competition, you are giving permission and assigning license to use images photographed during the competition to the organizers
- The final competition will be held at the Remai Modern on April 25, 2023 at the Remai Modern River Front Room
- All competitors must attend the final competition or their entry will be disqualified and replaced by the next runner up
- Competition organizers reserve the right to have the final decision on any matter relating to judging of the competition
- The competition organizers appoint the panel of judges and reserve the right to replace or appoint new judges before or during the competition
- The judges must remain impartial and declare any vested interest they may have in the competition or competitors. They must judge each competitor on their competition presentation
- Competitors must supply their own bartending utensils, glassware and ingredients aside from the Paris of the Prairies gin which will be provided
- Fruit for garnishes may be peeled in advance
- Drinks must be assembled in front of the judges
- Drinks may be hand-stirred, hand-shaken or blended in an electric mixer
- Cocktails may be presented in any shape of glass or cup. Points will be awarded for presentation and no brand name or logo other than the glassware manufacturer should be visible
- The organizers will supply frozen cubed ice only. Competitors may bring their own block ice
- Each competitor must present three complete cocktails for each judge
- Competitors must be able to prepare drinks within a maximum of 10 minutes but will additionally be given a further 5 minutes, prior to making their drink, to familiarize themselves with the bar area and prepare equipment and ingredients. 10 points will be deducted every 1 minute of over-run time from each judge’s scoresheet.
- Competitors serving drinks that appear inedible or working with unhygienic methods will be disqualified and their drinks will be discarded without being sampled.
- The winner will be selected based on the highest average between the judges. They will receive a $1500 Co-op Gift Card and a Stumbletown prize pack valued at $300. Runner up will receive 6 free tickets to a wine or spirits tasting run by the Saskatoon Co-op sommeliers valued at $250. The people's choice cocktail will receive a prize basket from Hearth Restaurant and a $100 gift card.