Co-op Week Contest Rules
1. Eligibility: The Co-op Week Contest is open to legal residents of Saskatchewan. Entrants must be 19 years of age or older as of their date of entry in this promotion in order to qualify. This contest is subject to federal, provincial, and local laws and regulations and void where prohibited by law. Saskatoon Co-op's employees, its subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, partners, advertising and promotion agencies, and directors (collectively the “Employees”), as well as members of an Employees' immediate family and/or those living in the same household of Employees are ineligible to participate in the Co-op Week Contest.
2. Sponsorship. The sponsor is Saskatoon Co-op Wine Spirits Beer (“Sponsor”), located at 201 503 Wellman Crescent, Saskatoon, SK. Sponsor will conduct the Co-op Week Contest substantially as described in these Official Rules.
3. Agreement to Rules: By entering this Co-op Week Contest, the entrant (“You”) agrees to abide by the Sponsor's Official Rules and decisions, which are fully and unconditionally binding in all respects. The Sponsor reserves the right to refuse, withdraw, or disqualify any entry at any time at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. By entering this Co-op Week Contest, you represent and warrant that you are eligible to participate based on eligibility requirements explained in the Official Rules. You also agree to accept the decisions of the Sponsor as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Co-op Week Contest.
4. Co-op Week Contest entry period: This promotion begins on Sunday, October 11, at Noon, Central Standard Time, and ends on Saturday, October 17, 2020, 6 p.m., Central Standard Time (“Entry Period”). To be eligible for the Co-op Week Contest, entries must be received within the specified entry period
5. How to Enter: Eligible entrants can enter the Co-op Week Contest by emailing Saskatoon Co-op Wine Spirits Beer (firstname.lastname@example.org). In the email, entrants must specify which Saskatoon Co-op Wine Spirits Beer location is their favourite. By entering the Co-op Week Contest, entrants agree to receive updates and promotions from Saskatoon Co-op. As a participant, your entry must fully meet all Co-op Week Contest requirements, as specified in the Official Rules, in order to be eligible to win a prize. Incomplete entries or those that do not adhere to the Official Rules, will not be entered into the contest.
Entrants may only enter once. Fraudulent methods of entry or circumvention of the rules may result in the Sponsor invalidating your entries and removing them from the Co-op Week Contest at the Sponsor’s sole discretion
6. Prizes: Three Winners of the Co-op Week Contest will each receive one $100.00 CAD Co-op gift card. The actual/appraised prize value may differ at the time the prize is awarded. The prize shall be determined solely by the Sponsor. There shall be no cash or other prize substitution permitted except at the Sponsor’s discretion. The prize is non-transferable. The Winners, upon acceptance of the prize, are solely responsible for all expenses related to the prize, including without limitation any and all local, provincial, and federal taxes. The Winner shall not transfer assignment of the prize to others nor shall the Winner request the cash equivalent or prize substitution. By accepting the prize, the selected Winner(s) grant permission for the Sponsor to use the Winner’s likeness, entry, and name for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation unless prohibited by law.
7. Odds: The total number of eligible entries received determines the odds of winning. Three prizes will be awarded, one gift card to one of three winners, representing each location.
8. Selection and Notification of Winners: The Winners will be selected by a random drawing. The Sponsor will notify the Winner by return email within five days following Winner’s selection. The Sponsor is not responsible for nor shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to security or other settings that may cause notifications to not be delivered. Nor shall the Sponsor be liable for the Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If the Winner(s) fails to 1) claim the prize by Saturday, October 31, 6 p.m. Central Standard Time 2) is found ineligible, the prize may be forfeited, and an alternate Winner may be selected. Receipt of the prize offered in the Co-op Week Contest by the Winner(s) is upon the condition of compliance with any and all federal, provincial, and local laws and regulations. IF THE WINNER VIOLATES ANY OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES, THE WINNER (AT THE SPONSOR’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL BE DISQUALIFIED, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
9. Rights Granted by You: By submitting an entry into this Co-op Week Contest you understand and agree that the Sponsor, any individual acting on the Sponsor’s behalf, and the licensees successors, and assigns of the Sponsor shall, where permitted by law, have the right to print, publish, broadcast, distribute and use in any media known now or hereafter developed, in perpetuity, worldwide, and without limitation, your submission, name, photo, portrait, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Co-op Week Contest, and your biographical information for news, publicity, advertising, promotional purposes, trade, information, and public relations without any further notice, review, consent, compensation, or remuneration.
Entries must be original work and not violate anyone’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. Entries that infringe upon the intellectual property rights of others may result in the Sponsor invalidating your entry and removing it from the Co-op Week Contest at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. You shall defend any claims that arise as a result of infringement, or settle against such claims at your sole expense, and You shall indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Sponsor from any suit, etc.
10. Terms & Conditions: In its sole discretion, the Sponsor reserves the right to modify, suspend, cancel, or terminate the Co-op Week Contest should non-authorized human intervention, a bug or virus, fraud, or other causes beyond the Sponsor’s control, impact or corrupt the security, fairness, proper conduct, or administration of the Co-op Week Contest. The Sponsor, in the event of any of the above issues, may determine the Winner based on all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by the Sponsor. Individuals who tamper with or attempt to tamper with the operation or entry process of the Co-op Week Contest or website or violates these Terms & Conditions will be disqualified by the Sponsor in its sole discretion. In its sole discretion, the Sponsor has the right to maintain the integrity of the Co-op Week Contest, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user; the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Attempts by any entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Co-op Week Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. If any such attempt is made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
11. Limitation of Liability: Your entry into this Co-op Week Contest constitutes Your agreement to release and hold harmless the Sponsor and its subsidiaries, representatives, affiliates, partners, advertising and promotion agencies, successors, agents, assigns, directors, employees, and officers against and from any and all claims, liability, illness, injury, death, litigation, loss, or damages that may occur, directly or indirectly from participation in the Co-op Week Contest and/or the 1) Winner accepting, possessing, using, or misusing of any awarded prize or any portion thereof; 2) any type of technical failure; 3) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, phone, or Internet service; 4) unauthorized intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; 5) electronic error or human error in the promotion administration or the processing of entries.
12. Disputes: THE CO-OP WEEK CONTEST IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF CANADA AND SASKATCHEWAN, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. The Entrant agrees, as a condition of participating in this promotion, that if any disputes cannot be resolved between the Entrant and the Sponsor, and if causes of action arise out of or are connected with this Co-op Week Contest, they shall be individually resolved exclusively before a court located in Saskatchewan having jurisdiction, without resorting to any form of class action. Under no circumstances in any such dispute shall the participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Co-op Week Contest. The participant waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
14. Winner List: You may obtain a copy of the Winner’s name or a copy of these Official Rules, by sending your request via mail with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: Saskatoon Co-op Wine Spirits Beer, 201 503 Wellman Crescent, Saskatoon, SK, Canada. Requests must be postmarked no later than Thursday, October 29, 2020, Noon, Central Standard Time.
15. The Co-op Week Contest hosted by Saskatoon Co-op Wine Spirits Beer is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the promotion will be directed to Saskatoon Co-op Wine Spirits Beer, not Facebook.